Based on fit. Consistently ranked as one of Denvers Best Places to Work, SpireMedia (http://www.spiremedia.com) is a Denver-based digital product development firm that transforms business through the use of web and mobile technologies. The firm serves an international clientele from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies and has been in business for more than 16 years. Were hiring for a full-time position in DevOps Engineering.
The DevOps Engineer will primarily be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, monitoring, maintenance and deployment of infrastructures and applications used to support SpireMedia’s Digital Product Development, Staging, QA, and Client Production environments. This includes streamlining and automating deployments, configuring and optimizing virtual instances, configuration of supporting environments and engineering robust toolsets to support an always available, highly responsive environment. The successful candidate will be a hands-on contributor and team player with a programming background and passion for operations, automation, scalability, security, and quality.
• System monitoring, troubleshooting and tuning in Development, Staging and production environments
• Work with internal and external teams to break down complex infrastructure problems and drive resolution
• Develop tools to assist in automation of deployments and monitoring of production environments
• Troubleshoot high transaction web-based operations and environmental issues
• Application of common Linux and Windows system administration tools and tasks
• Apply programming/scripting knowledge in latest technologies contributing to operational efficiencies
• Leverage scripting and programming skills to develop custom tool integrations
• Apply practical experience in deployment and software configuration management methodologies
• Work with Product Owners, Development and QA teams to achieve high quality release management
• Clearly write technical specifications and effectively communicate across teams and roles
• Apply knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
• Other assigned tasks
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
• 2+ years of technical expertise in Full Stack Programming
• 3+ years of experience in scripting languages, such as Python, Visual Basic, perl, etc.
• 3+ years of experience in systems integration within linux-based environments
• Experience in LAMP technologies
• Experience in Windows Server stack administration
• Experience with automation/configuration management tools such as Puppet/Chef/Jenkins
• Experience with Amazon Web Services included EC2, RDS, S3, CloudFront, IAM, etc.
• Experience with highly responsive / high availability systems
• Experience with continuous integration systems such as Hudson/Jenkins/TeamCity/Bamboo
• Knowledgeable in version control such as CVS and Git
• Knowledgeable in common SCM practices, such as branching and code merges
• Familiarity with MS SQL and MySQL (NoSQL / MongoDB experience is a plus, also)
• Experience with mobile application deployment tools including FlightTest, Google Play, and Apple Store
• Team player with strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
Apply through the Contact Us link on our website at http://www.spiremedia.com or via email [email protected]
Please include resume and salary requirements.